Apply to YLIB
Are you our new YLIB participant?
Did you know that we have a program for young leaders in the Barents region?
We do, and it is called YLIB - Young leaders in Barents.
We are now searching for new participants to our program, a young leader program that will go on over the next two years.
The participants who are admitted to the program will receive professional replenishment, exciting new networks, and will be given the opportunity to become an ambassador for their sport and their country in the Barents Sports collaboration.
You will be participating in webinars, gatherings, you will be invited into the world of sports leaders - both in your country and in the region - and you will be able to help organize and experience the Barents Games up close.
Our main goal with YLIB is to create the sports organization of the future in the Barents region.
We have 6 Sub-goals:
· We want to give young people the opportunity to learn from each other across national borders; academically, culturally, and socially
· We want to give young people the opportunity to develop as leaders and event volunteers
· We want to give young people a cultural understanding across national borders
· We want to give young people an understanding of the structure of sport in all the countries
· We want to give young people professional weight, practical experience and motivation to contribute in sports
· We want to give young people the opportunity to shape their own sport
The target group of YLIB is young sports leaders, age group: 18 - 25 years, preferable speaking English.
We are looking for 4 young people, two girls and two boys, from each of the countries: Finland, Sweden, and Norway living in the Barents region, who will participate in gatherings, webinars, seminars, board meetings and Barents Games. It will be gatherings 2-4 times a year including Barents Games and Barents Sports Conference. The first gathering will be 8-10 September 2023 in Piteå in the Barents Sports Conference.
If you would like to join our YLIB project, follow the link for application.
Write something about yourself, what you are passionate about.